⚠ NOTE: It is strongly suggested to update your Silhouette Studio software if you are not already running the latest version.
Checking Your Machine's Calibration
- Open Silhouette Studio
- Ensure your machine is powered on and the USB cord is connected to your computer
- Go to the SEND panel
- Right-click on the machine in the lower left-hand corner of the SEND panel
- Select Calibration
- Click on the Print Test Page button to print the calibration page displayed on your screen
⚠ IMPORTANT: Please print to a sheet of plain white copy paper
- Load a blade into your Silhouette machine
⚠ NOTE: If you have a sketch pen, we recommend you use it instead. Using a sketch pen may make the resulting action easier to observe.
- Place the printed page onto your cutting mat exactly as displayed on screen
- Load your cutting mat into the Silhouette machine
- Use the blue position arrows on the screen next to the Calibrate button so that your blade/pen is hovering over the first printed cross mark in the area represented by green on your screen
⚠ NOTE: The green area is not actually printed.
- Once in position, click the Calibrate button
⚠ NOTE: The machine will attempt to read the cross mark and then cut/sketch on top of it
- Remove the cutting mat from the machine and observe the resulting cut/sketch marks as they relate to the printed mark
Calibrating the Machine
If the resulting cut/sketch marks are aligned properly on top of the printed cross mark (both the vertical and horizontal lines), then calibration is not necessary and you may stop.
If the resulting cut/sketch marks are either misaligned on the vertical or horizontal lines, continue to calibrate your machine as instructed below.
- Using a ruler with millimeter measurements, measure the distance between the performed cut/sketch line and the printed line
- If the HORIZONTAL LINE is off (above or below the printed line), adjust the vertical slider on your screen according to your measurement.
- If the cut/sketch line was performed ABOVE the printed line, drag the vertical slider UP to match with your measurement.
- If the cut/sketch line was performed BELOW the printed line, drag the vertical slider DOWN to match wit your measurement.
- If the VERTICAL LINE is off (to the right or the left of the printed line), adjust the horizontal slider on your screen according to your measurement.
- If the cut/sketch line was performed to the RIGHT of the printed line, drag the horizontal slider to the RIGHT to match with your measurement.
- If the cut/sketch line was performed to the LEFT of the printed line, drag the horizontal slider to the LEFT to match with your measurement.
Checking Your Adjustments
After adjusting the measurements as needed, repeat steps 10 - 12 above under "Checking Your Machine's Calibration". Make sure to move your blade/pen to the next unused cross mark in order to view fresh results.
Continue to make adjustments as needed until the cut/sketch lines are aligned with the printed lines.