Some PC computers (even if they may be newer) may have concerns running Silhouette Studio if an older or incompatible graphics card driver is in use. The graphics card driver for your computer is the component that displays images on your screen. Since Silhouette Studio uses a special programming language to display images and cutting information, this may require some users to update the graphics card driver.
An older driver may cause concerns with the program crashing upon start up, encountering display issues, or causing the program to run slowly.
To update the graphics card driver:
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard
- Type in devmgmt.msc and click OK
- In the Device Manager, click on 'Display Adaptors'
- Click on the adaptor in the list
- When the adaptor window is displayed, click on the Driver tab
- Click on Update Driver
If the graphics driver type is already known, you may alternately go directly to the associated website:
Follow the prompts listed to update. Once updated, re-start the computer.