The Portrait 3 model series provides a one-touch firmware update experience.
To verify your firmware is up to date:
- Install the latest version of Silhouette Studio
- Open Silhouette Studio
- Go to the SEND menu panel
- Plug the power cable into the Portrait 3 machine and power on
- Connect the Portrait 3 to your computer with the USB cable provided
- Click on the "Silhouette Devices" icon and selecting the Portrait machine showing a USB symbol and "Available"
- You can verify your firmware version in this menu by noting the numbers to the right of the device
- Once selected, the Portrait 3 will connect and determine if you need a firmware update.
- Click "Update Now" if prompted.
Do not disconnect or turn off your machine while updating. The software will say "Ready" when the update is complete.