The following steps will update your Cameo 1 firmware. Once updated, this new firmware should resolve the connection issue noted above.
NOTE: These steps require a blank SD card and a compatible SD card reader. A basic SD card with 2GB capacity or less, is required. If you do not have these, you will need to obtain them in order to proceed with this firmware update process.
- Please click here to download and save the zip file to your computer
- Unzip the "cc300" folder by right-clicking and selecting "extract all"
- Select a destination on your computer you wish the file to extract to (defaults to the current location of the zipped file)
- Save the extracted "cc300.mhx" file onto a blank SD card (the "cc300.mhx" file may be in an unzipped "cc300" folder that was created when you extracted the previous folder)
IMPORTANT: There cannot be any other files or folders on the SD card
- Ensure the Cameo 1 machine is unplugged from power and the computer
- Place the SD card into the Cameo 1 machine's SD reader slot
- Press and hold down the left and right arrow keys at the same time
- While holding down these buttons, plug the power cord into the Cameo 1 machine (the machine will turn on)
- Once "Boot Ver1.00" is displayed on the LCD, release the buttons.
- The update sequence will start automatically. Please wait a few minutes until the LCD displays, "Write Finish."
- Unplug the AC adapter
- Remove the SD card
- Connect the Cameo 1 to the computer and AC adapter
- Power on the machine
If this process is not successful in resolving the connection issues with your machine, or if you are unable to continue with any of the steps listed above, please retry the steps from the beginning. You may alternatively contact our support team for further assistance.