In order to use a Bluetooth connection with Bluetooth compatible Silhouette machines, you will first need to confirm your computer is compatible and set up properly.
First, check to ensure your computer or device has Bluetooth 4.0 support. Computers or devices not equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 support cannot properly use the Bluetooth communication option. You can click here to check your computer. Please note that an LMP of 6.0 or above indicates the presence of the Bluetooth 4.0 protocol.
Next, set up your computer to ensure Bluetooth devices can be connected properly:
- Click the Windows icon
- Select Settings
- Select Devices
- Click "Bluetooth & other devices"
- In the Bluetooth Settings window, make sure the option "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC" is checked
- Check to make sure the Bluetooth symbol in the top right-hand corner of the macOS menu bar is active
- If Bluetooth is not active, click on the Bluetooth symbol to turn it on
- If the icon is not present, please click here for further information on checking to see if your computer is Bluetooth enabled
NOTE: If you're running on macOS Big Sur, you may need to do the following:
- Go to the Apple menu
- Select System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy
- Go to Bluetooth
- Click the Add button
- Select Silhouette Studio
After you have confirmed your computer is compatible and Bluetooth is set up properly, select your machine model from one of the sections below and follow the instructions provided.