If your computer is running on macOS Sierra, after downloading you will need to re-start your computer prior to running the Firmware Update program. Otherwise, the Firmware Update program may not run properly.
If you have continued concerns running the Firmware Update program after re-start, please do the following:
- Download the Firmware Update program. (It is recommended to download/move this program to the desktop)
- Double-click on the Firmware Update icon labeled “CAMEO3_FWUP_M_V140” from the desktop. This will show the v130.bin files, and the actual firmware update program.
- Right-click (CTRL+Click, CMND + click) on the firmware update program and select the second option from the top labeled “Show Package Contents”
- Open the folder labeled “Contents”
- Open the folder labeled "MacOS"
- Double-click on "Silhouette_Firmware_Update" in order to run the executable file manually. Provide any necessary administrator credentials in order to allow the program to run.
- The previous step will open the Firmware Update program along with the Mac’s "Terminal" program. Do not close either of these windows.
- Proceed through the firmware update as normal by following the on-screen instructions and when finished, simply close the "Terminal" and Firmware Update program.