Silhouette engages students of all ages in the advancement of STEAM education ( Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math).
Silhouette machines can be used for a variety of educational applications, including the following:
- Basic fabrication – converting 2D prints into 3D fold-together educational models
- Design and concept creation
- Providing hands-on spatial reasoning skills
- Creating perfect titles and other cut-out designs for project display boards
- Creating classroom signs and other classroom décor
- Preparing resource materials
Silhouette Educational Products
Silhouette America® provides a variety of tools and products which compliment education and classroom settings.
The Silhouette Portrait is the perfect classroom tool for precision cutting and fabrication of 3D models made from basic 2D printed images. The Portrait model is sized perfectly with an 8 1/2 inch width opening to accommodate common Letter and A4 size materials, such as standard printer paper.
Silhouette America® Educator Discount Program
Silhouette America® provides a special direct discount for Silhouette products purchased through SilhouetteAmerica.com to qualifying educational facilities and licensed non-profit organizations. Simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org and relay the following:
- Your Silhouette account address (if you do not already have an account, you may sign up for free)
- Name and location of your school or institution
- Attach a copy of your teaching certificate or 501(c)(3) form
This program is only valid in the United States and Canada. Silhouette America® does not accept purchase orders. Education discount only available on product offerings and purchases made directly through SilhouetteAmerica.com.
Click here to download and share more information on how using Silhouette technology can benefit your school or classroom.